The Information and Communication Technology Department (JICT) KUIPs was set up on 1st January 2014. At the beginning of its establishment, its functions were more focused on computing services for staff and students as IT usage among staff and students was not very much at that point. Nowadays, JICT administration covers various aspects such as managing ICT-related matters in KUIPs, whether from software, hardware and infrastructure requirements, and even plans for the future of ICT KUIPs. JICT is supported by four (4) divisions namely:
1) Information Systems Management Division
2) Web Application Management Division
3) Infrastructure Management, Security, Network & Database Management Division
4) Corporate Communications Division
1) Providing ICT hardware and software.
2) Provide technical assistance, advice and ICT-related training.
3) Audiovisual equipment and technical services for all facilities within the KUIPs building (lecture room, meeting room and auditorium).
4) Server and network operations.
5) Server and network security.
6) Management of email accounts and social media KUIPs.
7) Implementation and maintenance of internal application systems.
8) Development and maintenance of KUIPs website.
9) Update KUIPs website and answer any questions either through social websites or any KUIPs internal applications.
ICT Department Objectives
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES OF ICT DEPARTMENT
ICT Department Objectives
♦ Provide excellent support services in the management of competent IT hardware and software and be prepared in line with technological change.
♦ Protect ICT services from hacking and hacking activities.
♦ Improving and promoting the use of ICT facilities effectively.
Vision of the Department
Be an innovative department to support the quality, teaching, learning, research and effectiveness of the delivery system by providing advanced technology.
Mission of the Department
Provide and support the latest and quality facilities to meet customer needs.
ICT Department Client Charter
1) Solve problems related to ICT equipment within 7 working days after the complaint is received.
2) All information system application problems will be resolved within 3 working days from the date of the complaint.
3) Solve problems related to computer software within 3 working days from the date of complaint.
4) Develop a new application system within 3 months from the application period.
5) Ensuring the level of computer maintenance, application system and computer network security are in good condition, controlled and secure.
6) Consumer data is secure, organized, easy to access and up-to-date.
7) Ensure access to the system of applications, e-mails and networks at least 97% per year.
8) Create a user email account within 1 working day from the date the application is received.
9) Ensure the process of uploading portal, website and social media information within 1 working days from the date the application is received.
10) Produce all statistical reports within 2 working days from the date the application is received.
11) Ensure the borrower of ICT equipment returns the equipment within 1 day after the date of borrowing.
12) Strive to create ICT culture within the campus environment.